With demand for the Suzuki Jimny exceeding supply since its debut, the current global shortage of semi conductors, has had a significant impact on already limited factory allocations - with wait times spiralling. Whilst we have been transparent in advising wait times, it needs to be recalled that just as they have stretched out, they could be restored just as quickly with the increased supply of such components or alternative solutions. The GL Lite is one such solution.
Set to arrive from August 2021, the Suzuki Jimny GL Lite has less requirement on computer related control systems – and is designed to considerably shorten those wait times. Whilst intentionally named LITE, to reflect the slimming down of items such as manual transmission only, 15”steel wheels, Radio / CD/ Bluetooth, manual air conditioning and ex-nay on the fog lights, there is no compromise or reduction in its 4WD capability as its performance and engine specifications unchanged.
- 1.5L VVT engine
- 5 speed manual transmission
- ALLGRIP PRO 4WD technology
- Hill hold and hill descent control
- CD player with Bluetooth® and iPod® USB connectivity with steering wheel audio controls
- Cruise control
- Power windows
- ESC, ABS, EBD
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Lane departure warning & weaving alert
- 15” Steel Wheels
- Halogen headlights
- Manual operated climate control
DOWNLOAD SPEC SHEET
Again, it may not be for all, but the GL Lite represents an option, and with it currently standing to reduce the wait time by close to 12 months - it’s a pretty compelling one. Whilst it potentially allows a Jimny to arrive considerably earlier, it also enables the reduction of the wait time for those remaining with their GLX order.
We remind you of our established initiative to enter a sale contract in order to secure a vehicle against the factory’s production allocation. Apart from positioning you a head of the continuously growing list of potential Suzuki Jimny purchasers, other benefits include:
- If the order ahead of you in the desired spec falls over, your order gets elevated.
- If the factory are able to produce more, build another spec, or a RHD country gets locked down and their production gets shifted to us – your order gets elevated.
- If your situation changes during the wait, you can cancel (subject to any customising / fitment etc), or as in the current market – you can capitalise on its re-sale.
We will continue to keep you updated, but if you have any queries on either making a Suzuki Jimny purchase or wish to amend your current order, please contact your preferred Suzuki dealership – https://suzukiqld.com.au/locate/