A turbo-charged diesel variant is the latest addition to Suzuki's outstanding range of Vitara SUV's meaning buyers can now choose between two wheel and all-wheel-drive versions, high and premium specification models, as well as turbo charged and non-turbo charged engines.
The top of the range turbo-charged diesel just released, offers more than double the torque of the least expensive vehicle in the Vitara range and delivers even greater fuel economy - an ultra-miserly 4.9 litres per 100km.
Designated the Vitara GLX Turbo Diesel, it also includes a full shopping list of comfort, convenience and infotainment features which include a dual panoramic sunroof, Apply CarPlay and Android phone interfaces, integrated satellite navigation and four different drive modes catering for every roadway condition from high speed bitumen, to snow, sand and mud.
It is the second turbo-charged Vitara model to be released by Suzuki this year and the third engine variation from the time of the model's introduction in August last year.
Urban, chic, funky, fashionable and at home on all road types as well as many tracks, the all wheel drive Vitara is being marketed alongside Suzuki's fully credentialled, true four wheel drive off-roaders - the Grand Vitara range.
The Suzuki Vitara range now comprises:
- 1.6 litre GL+ petrol 2WD 5 speed manual at $22,490 or with a 6 speed automatic transmission at $24,990 (both prices plus on road costs).
- 1.4 litre S Turbo GLX petrol 2WD 6 speed auto $28,990
- 1.4 litre S Turbo GLX petrol AWD 6 speed auto $32,990
- 1.6 litre Turbo GLX diesel AWD 6 speed auto $35,990
The above prices also are plus on road costs.
(The Grand Vitara true 4WD models range from the three door JLX starting at $24,990 plus on road costs, to the five door sport wagon range beginning at $31,490 and extending to the range-topping Grand Vitara Prestige at $36,990 plus on road costs.
In terms of engines, power torque and fuel economy, Suzuki Vitara purchasers now can select from:
1.6 litre M16A petrol
- 86kW @ 6000rpm
- 156Nm @ 4400rpm
- 5.8 l/100km (combined)
1.4 litre K14C petrol
- direct injection turbo charge Boosterjet
- 103kW @ 5500 rpm
- 220 Nm 1500 - 4000 rpm
- 5.9 l/100km (combined)
1.6 litre D16AA diesel
- direct injection, common rail turbo charge
- 88kW @ 3750 rpm
- 320Nm @ 1750 rpm
- 4.9 l/100km (combined)
The Vitara S Turbo GLX released in April 2016 by Suzuki Queensland, was the company's first turbo-charged petrol engine.
All Vitara turbo models, both petrol and diesel variants, are fitted with six speed automatic transmissions as standard.
Suzuki Queensland Sales Manager, Mr Steve Craig said: "The addition of a turbo charged diesel engine to the Vitara makes it the most comprehensively equipped range in the heavily subscribed small SUV model classification."
"The class-leading fuel economy already achieved in the Vitara range, also is now improved even further - that's an incredible result."
"Likewise Suzuki remains well ahead of the competition with its performance once the bitumen ends - it's the modern product of a 'go anywhere' DNA that extends more than 40 years and which includes milestone models such as the LJ50, LJ80, Sierra, Jimny, Vitara, XL7 and Grand Vitara," he said.
"The AllGrip technology offers four driver selectable modes which, when coupled with 185mm of ground clearance and outstanding chassis dynamics, sees it in the right hands and the right conditions, successfully making treks like the Bloomfield Track and the Emmagen Creek Crossing in far north Queensland."
The AllGrip drive system features:
- Auto which is a fuel economy priority mode that selects two wheel drive by default, but switches to all wheel drive if it detects wheel spin.
- Sport which optimises sure footedness on twisty roads and alters the acceleration and torque characteristics at low and mid-range engine speeds.
- Snow which uses all wheel drive by default and optimises traction and stability on low friction surfaces.
- Lock which is designed for mud and sand where a spinning wheel is braked and torque transferred to wheels with grip
The Vitara is a "mix 'n match" style leader offering a range of two tone external colour options as well as choices of internal colour trims and features.
Every model in the Vitara range has a seven inch multi-function display providing intuitive operation of audio and video playback functions as well as hands-free smart phone and navigation features.
There are four main operating modes:
- Listen: Delivers multi-media audio and video playback
- Drive: An easy to use in car GPS navigation system
- Call: Provides convenient hands-free phone operation
- Connect: Access to smartphone applications via the dashboard display.
The dashboard multi-function screen also displays a rear view camera image when the Vitara is in reverse.
Alloy wheels and privacy glass are standard and all Suzuki Vitaras are equipped with dual front airbags, side airbags, curtain airbags and a knees airbag for the driver - seven airbags in total.
Other safety items include side anti-intrusion door beams, Electronic Stability Control, Anti-lock Brake System in conjunction with an Electronic Brake Force Distribution system.
For further information:
General Manager - Sales
Suzuki Auto Co.
Ph: (07) 3623 4900
Suzuki Auto Co.
Ph: (07) 3822 4466 or 0403 180 178